Here in Encinitas, we are no stranger to the heat during the summer months. We are nearing the start of our official summer season, and you may be thinking about taking a road trip some time during the next couple months as our shelter in place orders begin to lift.
The hot summer weather definitely does take a toll on our vehicles, and doing what you can to prepare your car for summer will help you avoid summer car trouble. Here are some ways in which you can get your car ready for summer:
- Test and clean your vehicle's battery; replace if it's nearing the end of its life (the heat can accelerate battery wear)
- Inspect all important fluids such as transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering and more. Fluids tend to evaporate faster in very hot climates.
- Test your vehicle's A/C system and have it repaired or recharged if needed.
- Check tires for correct tire pressure and excessive wear.
- Having a cooling system inspection performed. The cooling system keeps your engine running at the correct temperature, which is vital during the hot summer to avoid overheating.
- Inspect the brake system before embarking on any road trip.
- Clean out your trunk to get better overall fuel efficiency.
- Try to park your vehicle in the shade and out of direct sunlight to protect it during the summer.
These are just some ways which you can prepare your vehicle for the summer months. However, if you're planning a road trip, be sure to schedule a pre-road trip inspection here at Complete Car Care Encinitas before your embark. We will check all of your vehicle's major systems to ensure that everything works properly and looks good to go for the long haul.
If you need a vehicle inspection in Encinitas CA, bring your car into the experts here at Complete Car Care Encinitas for assistance today!