It's that time of year for traveling to watch your favorite football or basketball team and with most sports events, tailgating is a tradition that brings us together for food and fun before the game starts. While we usually hear tailgating and think of it as only happening before a big game, tailgating is also becoming more popular to do with family and friends at home! So whether you're at your favorite team's game or you're BBQing with family and friends at a residence, remember these tailgating safety tips.
- If you're driving around a tailgating area, be very cautious of your surroundings and drive carefully. This is especially important when pulling up to your team's game, especially because there will be hundreds if not thousands of other cars also tailgating. Watch for pedestrians and children.
- Be sure to have a designated driver allotted to be sure that you are your passengers arrive home safely.
- Make sure that you bring portable electronics with you so that you aren't using up your car battery for music and power. The last thing you want to do is be stranded in the parking lot after the game due to a dead battery!
- Use caution when cooking around your vehicle. If you have a grill, be safe with lighting fires and gasoline nearby vehicles.
- Try to avoid having glass items during a tailgate, because broken glass on the ground can be harmful to others and can pop a tire on your way out.
- Make sure you don't leave any valuables outside of your vehicle after your tailgate and lock your vehicle for safety.
So if you're planning on partaking in a tailgate this season, remember to be safe, be prepared, and have fun! And for all of your vehicle's needs, bring your car to the experts here at Complete Car Care Encinitas.