If you own a BMW, you understand the importance of regular car care and maintenance. Fall is one of the best times of year to take a good look at your vehicle and take care of those pesky service items that you've been putting off for the past couple of months.
The summer can wear down our vehicles faster, which is why the fall season gives us a good understanding of what our vehicles need moving into the new season. The weather will start changing quickly, and more than ever it will be important to ensure that your BMW will remain safe and reliable on the road.
If you've been driving around your BMW all summer, you've probably noticed that it's tired and needs a bit of a tune-up to get pumped up for the fall season. Here are some of our recommended maintenance items to take care of now to get your vehicle prepped for autumn:
- Check your tires for proper tread, condition, and air pressure
- Confirm that all major fluids are clean and topped-off
- Get an engine oil service if you're due
- Check the brake system for worn parts and operation
- Make sure your heater and defroster are working
- Replace your windshield wipers and top off wiper fluid
- Inspect the suspension system including the shocks and struts
- Check for any visible leaks of fluid
- Have your battery tested for proper charge
- Make sure all exterior and interior lights are working
- Have safety features checked such as airbags, seatbelts, and emergency brake
- Pack an emergency kit in your car
These maintenance items are sure to keep your BMW running at its best all fall long. If you're due for any of the services listed above or would like a comprehensive fall vehicle check performed, we invite you into Complete Car Care Encinitas today.
We will ensure that your BMW is good to go for the changing weather and take care of any of your vehicle's needs now to get your car in great shape for the new season. Give us a call or stop by our shop today!